How to pre book worship attendance
Springfield Cambridge has now reopened for Sunday Morning Worship at 11am. This Service is also Live Steamed. Anyone who would like to attend a Service may phone and leave a message on the answering machine at the Church Office ((0141 772 1596) from 9am on a Monday morning until Thursday 12 noon detailing your name, number attending, and a contact telephone number. Where numbers exceed our capacity of 50, you will receive notification of this and be placed on the list for the following week.
We have so far had £679 which is fantastic!
If you would like make a donation you can do this until the end of October.
Presbytery has now granted permission for us to reopen on 27/09/20.
Please note that first Sunday is only for pre-booked Office-bearers (Congregational Board & Kirk Session) thereafter a booking system will operate.
On our first Sunday back in the Church on 27/09/20, the Office-Bearers (Congregational Board & Kirk Session) will be our first congregation to allow us an opportunity to try out our new Covid 19 procedures. After that we will be using a pre-booking system as we work though the list of those who have already expressed a desire to return to try and ensure that all who wish to attend may do so, not just all at once!
From Sunday 4th. October , 2020 we will work through the list of those who have already expressed a desire to return to Church. Anyone who would like to attend a Service may phone and leave a message on the answering machine at the Church Office (( 0141 772 1596) from 9am on a Monday morning until Thursday 12 noon detailing your name, number attending, and a contact telephone number. Where numbers exceed our capacity of 50, you will receive notification of this and be placed on the list for the following week.
We look forward to your return to Springfield Cambridge.
Newsletter September 2020
Letter from our Minister
Dear Springfield Cambridge Church members and worshippers 18/09/20
As your Minister, I write to share with you some of our plans to re-open the Church building in line with Government and Church of Scotland advice.
The Kirk Session has now agreed to reopen the main sanctuary for Sunday worship on 27/09/20. We are just waiting on final approval from Presbytery to do this. Our staff, the Elders and volunteers have worked hard to ensure that future risks are minimised and all safeguards are in place to make worshiping as safe as possible during this pandemic.
As with any activity, the risk of infection is real and present. Worship and the Church building will not be as it was on the 15th March 2020 when we last gathered face-to-face in the sanctuary. Worship in the Church building will be different in the following ways:
- The Church will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every Service.
- As we enter and exit, please maintain a physical distance of 2 metres from others and use the hand sanitiser available.
- We have a one-way system in the Church – enter at the main doors from the car park and exit via the sanctuary fire escape doors onto the car park.
- We have 33 allocated seating places that can hold an individual or a household group. The maximum capacity of the whole sanctuary is 50 people in total (which includes 10 individuals in preparing and leading the Service – 5 Duty Staff, myself and 4 others). If you turn up and we have reached capacity (of 40), we CANNOT make ‘extra space’ beyond this.
- We can only seat people together in household groups. You will be told where to sit. The balcony is off limits. You will be sitting in an unfamiliar seat.
- We require you to wear a face covering throughout the time you are in the Church building. We will have a supply if you need one.
- We must keep a record of a name and phone number from each household. To attend Church you will need to ‘pre-book’ by the Thursday beforehand.
- We will collect the offering at the entrance and exit doors. If you have a number of free will offering envelopes, you may wish to write a single cheque for the total amount to place in one envelope or make a direct deposit or bank transfer to the Church account. James Kerr, our Treasurer can supply details (:email@example.com (0141 772 6015).
- We will have music but will not be singing together. No hymnbooks or Bibles will be available and all the pew cushions have been removed.
- We will continue to ‘live stream’ the Services only via our YouTube account through the Church website (www.springfieldcambridge.org.uk). Cost implications mean that we can no longer stream via Facebook as well.
- If you are unwell or should be isolating because of contact with a positive Covid-19 case or live with someone with symptoms, please stay at home and do not come to the Church putting others at risk.
On our first Sunday back in the Church on 27/09/20, the Office-Bearers will be our first congregation to allow us an opportunity to try out these new procedures. After that we will be using a pre-booking system as we work though the list of those who have already expressed a desire to return to try and ensure that all who wish to attend may do so, not just all at once!
Further information will be provided on our Website and Facebook pages. Alternatively please contact your District Elder for further help, or phone me at the Manse.
While, I look forward to seeing your faces again at worship I want everyone to know that we will continue to do our best to provide resources for those who choose not to attend in person or who are unable to come to the Church(DVD’s of the Services are available upon request.)
We should be concerned. The corona virus is real. But we cannot and we will not be afraid. We are the Church and, together, we belong to Christ.
Rev. Ian Taylor :ITaylor@churchofscotland.org.uk (0141 772 1540
Letter from our Treasurer
What to expect when attending for worship
Here is short video we have prepared to make you aware of what to expect when you return to worship at Springfield Cambridge.